Friday, November 7, 2008

Our Little Hippo

Ada is now two months old and is still bringing us lots of joy! She just had her two month checkup and weighed in at 10lbs. 5 1/2oz and is now 22" long. She is getting stronger and is able to hold her head up for longer periods of time. Ada's latest trick is rolling onto both of her sides. She's been smiling a lot more, but of course refuses to do it for the camera. This morning I even think I heard a few little chuckles when I was kissing her neck. Doug & I are settling into our new role as mom and dad, and are no longer waking up in the middle of the night nursing or rocking our pillows, phew! Now I'll get on with the pictures since I've been told that's all you really want to look at anyways. :)



Catching some zzz's




I was so excited to finally be able to use both of my hands. Ada has become quite the mama's girl so this we both agreed on.









Our friends the Chambers brought their girls over to meet Ada.



We took Ada to visit Nebraska City. She must not have been too impressed
because she napped the whole time.








Still sleeping in Neb. City...



We discovered that Ada is a squirmer when we found her outside of her sleep positioner and upside down.


Ada's first Halloween! We went trick or treating with her cousin Claire, Doug's brother Matt and his wife Anna. We only visited 4 homes and it took us two hours. We all agreed it's not as easy to get around quickly anymore.

Carving pumpkins


Boo at the Zoo with the Bulows



Dads Doug & Josh push their girls around the zoo. My how times have changed!


Hayli & I waiting for the train ride

One tuckered out hippo


Even Riley got into the spirit for Ada's first Halloween, dressed as Peter Pan.


Cousin Claire & Ada in Pooh costumes from Kiki (Grandma Foral)


Trying out her Bumbo chair







Friend Hayli made this for Ada.

(She's planning on selling them if anyone is interested.)