Last week we got to see Baby Foral during our ultrasound. It was hilarious to watch it's mouth and tongue moving around constantly. It weighed 3lbs. 13oz. and was doing great! I discovered why my left side has been getting some hard hits when the doctor told us that both of it's little feet are on that side. We have enjoyed watching and feeling this extremely active baby moving around, except when I'm trying to fall sleep.
Doug has been staying busy at work and is enjoying riding his bike there and back with a total of 10.5 miles. He's spent a lot of time on the golf course and is becoming addicted to both playing and watching the sport. I promise to join him next spring when my belly won't get in the way of my amazing swing, ha. Doug's also been playing volleyball with his co-workers on Friday and taken a few business trips.
I've stayed busy tutoring two boys from my school twice a week. I've also been spending lots of time with friends that are already moms, asking lots of questions, so I know what to do when this baby gets here. Of course I've been doing quite a bit of nesting, organizing cupboards, closets and drawers, and doing crazy things like painting the garage steps. Doug has been a good sport each weekend when I show him the giant lists of things that we just HAVE to get done before September. I'm looking forward to taking this school year off to stay at home with our new addition.
It's been so much fun to watch our niece Claire growing and changing already since she was born April 27. Matt (Doug's older brother) and his wife Anna live in Omaha, and we can't wait for the cousins to meet this fall.
We will be sure to post lots of pictures when the big day comes, and ask that you keep us in your prayers, as we will do the same for you.
Uncle Doug with niece Claire
New mommy Anna Foral, Claire & Aunt Maddie
Doug golfing with friends in Des Moinesduring our trip to visit college friends

Last day of school, 5 mo. pregnant
Second grade class at Rousseau
Doug with his dad Joe painting the nursery
Putting crib together, 7 mo. pregnant
Fourth of July at Mahoney State Park